Thursday 22 December 2016

Loreal Mat Magique 12H Bright Mat Foundation Review




So this is the latest foundation by Loreal in Malaysian drugstore. It's very girly IMO as it comes in a shiny pink tube. On the box, it says it gives air light texture, natural coverage and semi matte finish. Based on the name, it claims t last for 12 hours. The volcanic perlite in this foundation is a natural sebum absorbant. So it's good for oily skin. This is a video of this foundation enduring oil torture test.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1234010413336779&id=125228040881694


I, on the other hand have combination skin where I tend to get oily on my T-zone but I also have dry patches around my mouth and eyes. The retail price is MYR 38.90 but I got it for MYR 30 using Watsons voucher. 


I really wanted this foundation to work for me but it turns out not as good as I expect it to be. I tried it a few times before giving a review. I've tried other better BBs/CCs/foundations that's cheaper than this one. For the sake of this review, I wore this foundation w/o a primer to test it's "performance" I would say hehe. There's nothing more (i.e blush, bronzer, eyeshadows) that I put on my face except the lipstick. I do apply moisturiser prior to the foundation though.


APPLICATION

The texture is very liquidy and it dries down very quick. At first, I thought it's the applicator I used. I usually blend my foundation with my damp beauty sponge. I even blended it with a stippling brush but to no avail. To overcome this problem, I suggest you girls try applying the foundation half of your face first, then try another half. 

TEXTURE & COVERAGE

This foundation DOES NOT have an air light texture and natural coverage. It tends to accentuate any minor black and white heads that you have. It looks cakey on me even with one layer of application.


This is my photo under natural sun light and w/o a filter wearing one layer of this foundation. Do you notice how cakey I look? Forget about my huge pimple between my brows, but can you see how it accentuate my pores and other little bumps on my face? The good thing is, the cakeyness does fade away once you sweat.


FINISH

In terms of the semi-matte finish claim, I would say that this foundation delivers more on me. I think it kinda gives me a matte finish that is almost drying. I can't support or refute the 12 hour lasting power though because I don't wear it that long. Just a few hours. I couldn't wear anything for 12 hours because I have to perform ablution to pray. It's only possible on certain days of the month hehe.

MY VERDICT
I wouldn't recommend this foundation to girls with normal to combination skin. That's it. If you've bought it, I recommend you to mix it with other foundation that is hydrating. At least that what I've been doing and it helps. Girls with oily skin can give it a try and lemme know will ya?


No comments:

Post a Comment